Color Burst + Gold Resist Canvas


I spotted these gold resist canvases at Joann's last week and I immediately knew they they would be a perfect match for Color Burst!


I spritzed the larger canvas with water, sprinkled on Merlot and Violet Color Burst Powders, and then spritzed again with water. Look at those gorgeous pools of color! To reveal the gold blossoms, simply wipe away the excess watercolor with a soft cloth or paper towel.


For the two smaller canvases I created a wash with a generous sprinkle of Ultramarine Blue Color Burst and some water. I like to mix the wash in a porcelain dish because I can set it aside and reactivate the watercolor later even if it has dried.


Here are the finished canvases! I love the saturated bits of color that result from sprinkling the Color Burst directly onto the canvas. Once again I'm amazed at the versatility and rich pigmentation of these beautiful watercolors. Several new colors are on the horizon so be sure to visit Ken Oliver's blog for updates and lots of inspiring ideas and projects.

Comments

  1. I love both canvas arts you've done Kimberly. I saw and own some of those gold and clear resisted papers, they are on my desk.
    Your take's are pretty gorgeous!

    Hugs, Dunja xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts