Pretty in Pink Color Burst Tinted Postcards


On a recent excursion to one of my favorite antique stores I was thrilled to find several vintage postcards with ladies in white dresses. This bevy of beauties look gorgeous just as they are, but I couldn't resist adding a blush of pink to their pretty dresses!


I've been wondering how Color Burst would work for hand-tinting photos, so this was the perfect opportunity to experiment. I can't wait to get my hands on the new Fuchsia Color Burst, but in the meantime I was pretty sure that a tiny sprinkle of Alizarin Crimson in a generous amount of water would do the trick. And it did! 
I decided to scan and copy the postcards onto 90 lb. Fabriano Artistico hot press watercolor paper so that I could have several copies to play with and preserve the originals. I used a tiny brush since many of the details were very small. I quickly discovered that the Color Burst flowed more easily if I wet the areas I wanted to tint with a bit of clear water before adding the wash of pink. 


I love how fresh and spring-like the images look with just a bit of pink here and there! This project was so fun and relaxing. I have some plans for these tinted images, so be sure to tune in soon for part 2 of Pretty in Pink with Color Burst

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly! This was so fun and relaxing! I can't wait to try this technique again!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I'm getting ready to do some "vintage" ACTs and this is just what I need to make the pictures pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them Maggy! Have fun with your ATCs! I would love to see what you create!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts